Cranberry Orange Porkchops
I had some center cut boneless chops that I needed to use because they had been thawed for a couple days - and got to thinking about doing something different with them for a change and well, one thing led to another and this was the extremely tasty result.
Hope you enjoy!!
1/4 ccooking oil
1 mediumonion sliced into rings
2 mediumcloves garlic, minced fine
4 Tbspmelted butter (divided)
1/2 cdried cranberries
1 10oz can(s)mandarine oranges, drained (juice reserved)
2 smalllemons zested and juiced plus an additional 1/4 cup added juice
1 Tbspdried dill
1/4 cchicken broth
2 tspeach dried tarragon and basil
·salt and pepper to taste
4 - 5center cut chops (bone in or out)
How to Make Cranberry Orange Porkchops
- Preheat oven to 350. Rinse off chops and pat dry. Salt and pepper both sides and lay them in a baking dish - then set aside
- In a medium sauce pan melt half the butter and sautee the onion rings and garlic till they start to carmelize. Add the lemon juice and zest and continue to sautee for about 10 minutes.
- add dried cranberries and mandarine oranges sauteeing for another 5 minutes then add the dill , tarragon, basil, parsley, and chicken broth. Saute till the sauce reduces and add the rest of the butter. Taste to make sure all the flavors have blended.
- Pour over the chops then tightly cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours at 300.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes then serve over Rice with a side of greenbeans and any other favorite vegetable.