Cranberry Orange Porkchops
I had some center cut boneless chops that I needed to use because they had been thawed for a couple days - and got to thinking about doing something different with them for a change and well, one thing led to another and this was the extremely tasty result.
Hope you enjoy!!
- 1/4 c
- cooking oil
- 1 medium
- onion sliced into rings
- 2 medium
- cloves garlic, minced fine
- 4 Tbsp
- melted butter (divided)
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 10oz can(s)
- mandarine oranges, drained (juice reserved)
- 2 small
- lemons zested and juiced plus an additional 1/4 cup added juice
- 1 Tbsp
- dried dill
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- 2 tsp
- each dried tarragon and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 - 5
- center cut chops (bone in or out)
How to Make Cranberry Orange Porkchops
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Rinse off chops and pat dry. Salt and pepper both sides and lay them in a baking dish - then set aside
- 2In a medium sauce pan melt half the butter and sautee the onion rings and garlic till they start to carmelize. Add the lemon juice and zest and continue to sautee for about 10 minutes.
- 3add dried cranberries and mandarine oranges sauteeing for another 5 minutes then add the dill , tarragon, basil, parsley, and chicken broth. Saute till the sauce reduces and add the rest of the butter. Taste to make sure all the flavors have blended.
- 4Pour over the chops then tightly cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours at 300.
- 5Allow to rest for about 10 minutes then serve over Rice with a side of greenbeans and any other favorite vegetable.