Comfort Food - Ham & Green Beans
Who knew Ham and Beans would taste so good. Try it with the vinegar, it takes it over the top.
·2 lb smoked ham, with bone, uncooked
·1 1/2 lb fresh green beans, wash and trimmed
·2 1/2 large potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chuncks
·1 large onion, coarsely chopped
·1 tsp salt
·1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
·vinegar, apple cider, red wine (optional)
How to Make Comfort Food - Ham & Green Beans
- Put the ham and onion in a large pot and cover with water and boil for 1 1/2 hours; if required add extra water while cooking to keep the ham covered.
- Once cooked remove the ham and allow to cool, before shredding.
- Add the green beans and potatoes to the pot and cook for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the shredded meat back into the pot, taste and season with salt and pepper.
Allow the dish to simmer for 10 - 15 minutes then serve.
- If using, drizzle the vinegar over your meal.