CAJUN-STYLE STUFFED PEPPERS WITH ANDOUILLE
Recipe & Photo: tasteofhome.com
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 4 medium
- green peppers
- 3/4 lb
- fully cooked andouille sausage, chopped
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can(s)
- (16 oz.) tomato juice
- hot sauce or tabasco, optional
How to Make CAJUN-STYLE STUFFED PEPPERS WITH ANDOUILLE
- 1Prepare the jambalaya mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds.
- 2In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Add minced jalapeno (wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers because the oils can cause skin irritation--avoid touching your face); cook 1 minute longer. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- 3Stir the sausage into prepared jambalaya. Spoon into peppers. Place peppers in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish; pour tomato juice over and around peppers.
- 4Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Serve with your favorite hot sauce if desired.