I have taken it to work and everybody loves it.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 largeheads of cabbage (can use green or red)
2 lbground beef
2 lbground pork
6 mediumserrano peppers (more if you want it hotter)
4 Tbspblack pepper(more if you want it hotter)
How to Make Cabbage Rolls
- Put ea. head of cabbage into large pot with 1 tsp. vinagar and water to almost rim. Bring to boil. Boil until cabbage is soft.
- Mean while, chop onion and serrano peppers.
- Mix pork, beef, onion, salt, and rice together.
Separate into mild and spicy bowls and add serrano and black pepper to taste.(You don't have to make separate bowls if only making spicy or only mild rolls)
- Cabbage should be soft by now, take out of pots set aside and let cool. Save liguid in pots.
- While cabbage cools,make small meat balls and set aside.
- Peel leaves of cabbage off each head, put a meatball into cabbage leaf, roll and secure with a toothpick.
Put back into pot.(Make sure you know which pot is the HOT one if making spicy.) Bring to boil for 45 mins. and then let simmer for 30 mins. more.
Serve & enjoy. Can have crackers on the side for the whimpy people.