Pam's Brining Solution for Grilled Pork Chops
4loin rib pork chops about 1- 1 1/4 inch thick
2 cchicken broth
1/4 ckosher salt
1/4 cbrown sugar, packed
1/2 tsppeppercorns, whole black
1 clovegarlic, sliced
2 sliceonion, thin slices
1/2 Tbspcider vinegar
2 cice cubes
How to Make Pam's Brining Solution for Grilled Pork Chops
- First of all, the 6 hour cooking time includes brining.
- Heat all brine ingredients except ice until salt and sugar are dissolved.Remove from heat and add ice to cool to below 90 degrees.
- Place chops in Large Zipper storage bag or non reactive bowl, Add cooled brine. Brine for 2-8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove chops, let come to almost room temp, dry with paper towels and grill to desired doneness. Mine took about 20 minutes a side, flipped twice to get nice grill marks. Test with an instant thermometer to 160 degrees.
- Remove chops, tent with foil for about 5-10 minutes and serve.