BESTEN SCHWEINSBRATEN REZEPT
Recipe & Photo: about.com/germanfood
- 1 c
- apple juice
- 4 oz
- dried plums or prunes
- 2 lb
- boneless pork roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground paprika
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- whole cloves
- 2 medium
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- grated horseradish (optional)
How to Make BESTEN SCHWEINSBRATEN REZEPT
- 1Place dried plums in a medium bowl. Heat the apple juice and pour over the plums. Let sit until plums are softened, about 30 minutes (longer if plums are very hard).
- 2Rub the meat with a mixture of salt, pepper and ground paprika and brown on all sides in oil.
- 3Push whole cloves into the roast and place it in an oven bag according to directions.
- 4Cut the onions into 1-inch chunks and add to the bag. Add the plums and apple juice and close the bag. Cut slits in the bag according to directions on the package and place the roast and bag in a casserole dish with 2-inch sides.
- 5Place casserole in a preheated 350-degree oven. Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until meat registers 160 degreesF on a meat thermometer.
- 6Remove from oven. Carefully cut one corner of the bag and empty the liquids into a pan. You can keep the onions and plums in the liquid, too.
- 7Remove the roast from the bag and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 8Place the liquids on the stove top and bring to a boil. Reduce broth to about one cup. Reduce heat.
- 9Stir the sour cream together with the corn starch. Stir into the broth, bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- 10Season to taste with horseradish (optional), salt and pepper, as necessary.
- 11Slice the roast and serve with the sauce over potatoes or noodles.