BESTEN SCHWEINSBRATEN REZEPT
Recipe & Photo: about.com/germanfood
1 capple juice
4 ozdried plums or prunes
2 lbboneless pork roast
·salt and pepper to taste
1 to 2 Tbspoil
3/4 csour cream
1 Tbspgrated horseradish (optional)
How to Make BESTEN SCHWEINSBRATEN REZEPT
- Place dried plums in a medium bowl. Heat the apple juice and pour over the plums. Let sit until plums are softened, about 30 minutes (longer if plums are very hard).
- Rub the meat with a mixture of salt, pepper and ground paprika and brown on all sides in oil.
- Push whole cloves into the roast and place it in an oven bag according to directions.
- Cut the onions into 1-inch chunks and add to the bag. Add the plums and apple juice and close the bag. Cut slits in the bag according to directions on the package and place the roast and bag in a casserole dish with 2-inch sides.
- Place casserole in a preheated 350-degree oven. Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until meat registers 160 degreesF on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven. Carefully cut one corner of the bag and empty the liquids into a pan. You can keep the onions and plums in the liquid, too.
- Remove the roast from the bag and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Place the liquids on the stove top and bring to a boil. Reduce broth to about one cup. Reduce heat.
- Stir the sour cream together with the corn starch. Stir into the broth, bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Season to taste with horseradish (optional), salt and pepper, as necessary.
- Slice the roast and serve with the sauce over potatoes or noodles.