BEA'S SAUSAGE BALLS
- 1 lb
- bulk pork sausage
- 12 oz
- extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- baking mix (like bisquick)
- 1/4 c
- (or less) milk or water
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts, drained & diced (optional)
- 1 tsp
- onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder(optioal)
- 1 tsp
- paprika (optioal)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- additional water if needed
- cayenne & black pepper if so desired
*THE SPICES & MILK/WATER ARE APPROXIMATE AMOUNTS SO USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT
How to Make BEA'S SAUSAGE BALLS
- 4Roll into balls the desired size you prefer and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, biscuit pan or stone. Bake at 350-375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
*You can freeze them before they are cooked. Just remove them from freezer, thaw and bake as directed above. I flash freeze them and then bag them up so they don't stick together.
**You can also freeze them once they have been cooked. Just remove from freezer, thaw and heat up in oven or toaster oven for better results. If you choose to microwave them they will be fine just not as crispy.
- 5NOTE: I have found that grating the cheese while it's cold works better. I actually use a hand grater, which doesn't take long at all. Also, once in the bowl you can let the sausage and cheese set until it's room temperature. I do this while dicing the water chestnuts and combining the baking mix and spices together.
- 6TIP: Try using half extra sharp cheddar and half Mexican blend cheeses for a little different taste. They are delish!