BBQ Pulled Pork with Coke Penny Style
- 5 lb
- pork butt, pork shoulder, or pork tenderloin
- 1 bottle
- regular coca cola (20 oz is usually good)
- 1 bottle
- bbq sauce (any kind you like)
- 1 slice
- onion large or to taste
- 1/2 bottle
- chili sauce or to taste
How to Make BBQ Pulled Pork with Coke Penny Style
- 1Preheat Oven to 250 degrees
I always rinse of the pork shoulder, butt or tenderloin. I have used all three and they all make excellent pulled pork. I place the pork in my blue enamel roasting pan and and I large chopped up onion.
- 2I take a bottle of BBQ sauce any brand will do use your favorite, 1/2 bottle of chili sauce ( you know the red kind that says ketchup with a kick) or more to your own tastes. To that I pour over the meat and all one 20 oz bottle or coke. Make sure you poke holes in the pork to allow all the flavors to mingle with the pork.
- 3The meat is slow baked at 250 for at least 5 hours maybe more depending on your oven temperatures. It smells heavenly as its cooking too. After 5 hours check the pork to see if it falls apart. Its done. Remove from pan into a bowl and using two forks shred the pork until its all shredded.
- 4Add to the meat more BBQ sauce and stir. At this point you can add more of the chili sauce if you so choose too. Place the pulled pork on buns and serve with corn on the cob and coleslaw. At least that's how I serve it. My family loves it.