Moist and Tender Baked Pork Chops
How to Make Moist and Tender Baked Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix together black pepper, seasoning salt, garlic & onion powder. Rub evenly all over each pork chop. (Season to your taste. My husband doesnt like his as salt so I season his less.)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over med-high heat. Lay pork chops on pan and allow to sear for 2 minutes without moving them. Flip the pork chops over and allow to sear for 1 minute longer.
- Remove pork chops and place in an oven safe baking dish. I use a 19 x 13 pyrex baking dish.
- Pour in the water. You will want the water to come about 1/3 the way up the pork chop.
- Cover baking dish tightly. I use tinfoil and seal the sides very tight. Place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Your pork should be at 160 degrees when done. I would not check until at least an 1 1/2 hours have past. You will let out all the steam that is keeping the chops moist.
- The juices in the baking dish make a wonderful gravy.