Baked Ham with Pineapple
I love the roasting bags- they brown the ham so well. Turkey and other meats too. You should try this method.
- 6-8 lb
- 3/4 c
- maple syrup
- 2 tsp
- mustard powder
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple rings
- 1 small
- jar cherries
- whole cloves
- 12 oz
- can regular coke
- roasting bag with closure tie
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
How to Make Baked Ham with Pineapple
- 1Preheat oven to 300^. The low temperature make for a juicer and tender.
Put the flour in the bag and shake it around to coat inside of bag evenly. Place bag in roasting pan.
- 2Rub ham with a mixture of the maple syrup and mustard.
Attach the pineapple rings with whole cloves.
Cut cherries in half and attach to the center of each pineapple ring.
- 3Place ham in roasting bag.(if using foil pan place it on cookie sheet for easier handling). Pour the whole can of Coke over ham in bag. Tie bag shut and cut 3 or 4 small slits over top of bag.
Bake at 300^ for 25 minutes per pound (for this ham about 3 to 3 1/2 hours); until center reaches 170^. Coke will turn to syrup.
- 4Remove ham to cutting board and allow to cool 10 minutes.
Place ham on serving platter and keep warm while making a sauce from pan drippings and reserved pineapple juice.
Bring drippings and pineapple juice to a boil in a small saucepan, stir in 1 Tablespoon of butter and thicken with a little cornstarch mixed with a little water. Let boil 1 minute until thicken slightly. Place in a gravy boat or pourable pitcher to pass at the table. Enjoy.