- 3/4 lb
- thick-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- onion or red onion, couarsely chopped
- 3 1/3 c
- frozen peas, thawed (reserve a few for garnish
- box (32 oz.) vegetable broth
- cooked ham if you dont want use bacon
How to Make Bacon & Pea Soup
- 1In a large saucepan, fry the bacon until golden. Set aside some for garnish. Move the rest to the side and in the fat gently fry the onion or red onion until just translucent.
- 2Add the peas and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil reduce to a simmer, and cook until the peas are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a handheld blender, blend the soup until smooth, To serve, pour the soup into bowls and garnish with a few whole peas and a little crispy bacon or turkey bacon.