Asian Marmalade Pork Loin
This is not so much a recipie as a method. Feel free to add or even eliminate anything you don't like.
1 1/2 to 2 lbpork loin
1 cmarmalade, or apricot preserves
1 largeonion peeled and quartered
1 Tbspgarlic, that has been minced
1/2 cteriyaki sauce
1 Tbspsesame oil
1/2 cwhite wine
1/4 tspor more crushed red pepper
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Asian Marmalade Pork Loin
- I did this in a rotisserie, but you certainly could bake it in the oven set at 350°
- Mix up the marinade, and divide it in half. I cannot bring myself to use marinade that has raw meat in it, even if it has been boiled.
- Put the pork loin in a zip lock bag and add half the marinade. Tip back and forth to distribute and let marinate in the fridge, for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Discard the marinade that the meat has been in, and put the pork on the spit.
- While cooking, baste every 20 minutes with reserved marinade.
- Mine was started in rotisserie basket, but it was off balance,so finished it on the spit
- Cook until internal temp tests to 160°