ASIAN INSPIRED PORK CHOPS (SALLYE)
Try it, I think you'll like them.
How to Make ASIAN INSPIRED PORK CHOPS (SALLYE)
- 1Prepare marinade according to directions and divide into approximately half. Place one half in the fridge to use later for a sauce.
- 2Place chops in large ziplock bag and pour the remaining half of marinade into the bag. Seal the bag and turn over several times to make sure all chops are coated. Place bag in fridge and allow chops to marinate for 1-2 hours (the longer the better). Turn at least once to make all sides are coated with marinade.
- 3After 1 to 2 hours, remove from fridge and allow to rest on countertop for 15 to 30 minutes.
At the same time, remove the reserved half and set aside on counter
- 4Place 2 tablespoons oil in heavy skillet (I use my cast iron) and heat on medium high until just beginning to smoke.
- 5Carefully remove the chops from the marinade and place in the hot skillet. Do not drain the marinade from them, it makes a terrific crusty coating.
- 6Cook 2-3 minutes per side, turning once.
- 7Remove to a serving plate and allow to rest about 5 minutes. Drizzle remaining Asian sauce over chops. If desired, you can zap the sauce in the microwave about 30 seconds to warm it up.