An Elvis Sammie with a Twist
I decided to build on Elvis Presley's sammie of grilled bananas and peanut butter, adding bacon and dill pickles. Sounded a little strange but it came out great! Even the hubby ate one and declared it "pretty good"...
Hope you'll give it a try and see if you think the King would approve! Thanks!
- 12 Tbsp
- butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 c
- light brown sugar
- large banana, frozen in peel
- 12 slice
- hamburger dill pickles
- 6 slice
- bacon, fried crisp & drained
- 4 slice
- nature's pride nutty oak bread
- 4 Tbsp
- creamy peanut butter
How to Make An Elvis Sammie with a Twist
- 2Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- 3Spread peanut butter on all four slices of bread. Set aside.
- 4In large skillet over medium heat, melt 8 Tbsp. of butter; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Place banana pieces in skillet, leave just long enough for them to warm and be glazed. Turn over to glaze both sides. Arrange bacon pieces alongside bananas and heat until both are warm. Remove from skillet and put two pieces of banana on one slice of bread, top with half the bacon.
- 5In same skillet, arrange pickle slices and cook a couple minutes, then flip over and do the other side. They should still be crisp but slightly warm. Remove from skillet; divide evenly between sammies, placing on top of bacon.
- 6Top with other slice of bread.
- 7Using 1 Tbsp. butter per side, spread the outside of both pieces of bread and put in skillet to grill the sammies.