- 1 lb
- ground sausage. sweet or hot or a mix of both. can use turkey sausage
- 1 c
- pizza or marinara sauce
- 8 oz
- shredded italian style cheese
- 2 pkg
- refrigerated crescent rolls, 16 rolls in all.
- a sprinkling of italian herbs for garnish
How to Make Laid back luncheon calzones
- 1Heat oven to 400. Spray a lg skillet w/ cooking spray and place over med-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
- 2If using pork sausage, drain any fat. Stir in pizza sauce and let simmer 5 mins. On a flat, lightly floured surface, separate each crescent square and roll it out until it's a little larger. repeat w/ remaining crescents.
- 3Spoon some of the sausage mix into center of each crescent. Sprinkle each one w/ some of the cheese. Fold each one in 1/2. Press edges to seal. Place on lg baking sheet.Lightly spray the tops of each crescent, sprinkle w/ italian herbs. Bake 10-12 mins or until golden brown. Serve w/ additional pizza sauce.