Blue Ribbon Recipe
Yum!! I made this for my family and everyone - of all ages - loved it! Fresh and light, it would be great served as a side OR as an easy main dish. Add grilled chicken or shrimp for extra zing! The Test Kitchen
- 8 oz
- uncooked linguine
- 2-3 c
- coarsely shredded zucchini
- 4 tsp
- olive oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (or 2 tsp from jar)
- 1/4 c
- fat free plain yogurt (try chobani for highest protein!)
- 3/4 c
- reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Zucchini Pasta
- 1Cook linguine according to package directions. In a colander, drain the zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid.
- 2In a large non-stick skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender.
- 3Transfer to large bowl. Add the yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper. Drain linguine; add to zucchini mixture and toss to coat.
- 43/4 cup = 219 calories, 7g fat (3 sat), 2g fiber, 10+ protein. DE: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 fat, 1 veg.