★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- creamettes noodles
- 10 oz
- velvetta cheese food
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- dry mustard
- coarse kosher salt to taste
- crushed black pepper to taste
- 3/4 c
- 2 large
- eggs beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- butter melted
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs (panko)
How to Make Yummy Favorite Mac & Cheese
- 1Mix bread crumbs with melted butter set aside for topping.
Bring 6 cups salted water to boil. Boil noodles 8 minutes. (Shells work well too) Drain. According to package directions.
- 2While noodles are cooking chop up Velveeta into small cubes and mix with shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle dry mustard over the top. beat the eggs and then add the milk to them and pour over cheese mixture. (chop butter into tablespoons)
Drain mac noodles or shells. Add the cheese and milk mixture with butter and stir together. The heat of the noodles will pretty much melt everything together. What doesn't will in the oven.
- 3Pour all into a 9x13" pan. Add topping and bake 350° for 1/2 hour or until topping is browned.
- 4I like to serve this with Green Beans either fresh or frozen cooked with bacon and onion.
- 5To fancy the mac & cheese up add 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1/4 cup chopped green pepper. Before baking. Spam or Polsa Kielbasa is good with this too. Just chop up and add before baking.