Mixed Veggie Stir Fry!
- large onion, sliced thin
- ribs of celery, sliced thin
- broccoli florets
- brussels sprouts
- corn kernels, frozen
- pasta of choice
- quinoa, cooked
- slap ya mama or tony chachere's to taste
- garlic powder or fresh garlic to taste
- canola oil
- butter, small amount
How to Make Mixed Veggie Stir Fry!
- 1For this dish use however much you want of each ingredient. I used 1/2 large onion, 2 ribs of celery, IDK on broccoli (a lot), 1 bag of frozen brussels sprouts, 1/2 bag of frozen corn (family size), leftover wide egg noodles and Lots of quinoa.
- 2I boiled my brussels sprouts for about 3-4 minutes and cooled, sliced them in half, set aside. I boiled my fresh broccoli for a few minutes, drained and set aside. Corn and pasta were leftovers. Cooked one cup rinsed quinoa in 1 3/4 c chicken stock.
- 3Put canola oil and some butter in a very large skillet, added Slap Ya Mama cajun spice and garlic powder, was out of fresh garlic. When oil was heated I added the celery and onion and cooked until soft. Added the brussels sprouts and cooked until getting some brown on them. Added the broccoli and cooked a bit, added the corn, then the pasta, then the quinoa. Stirring almost constantly to prevent any burning.
This was DELICIOUS!!! So happy for leftovers for tomorrow!
- 4I have made something similar to this with shredded cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, corn, cubed potatoes and parsnips.. wish I'd had all that stuff tonight! Gr.. guess I should go to the store!