Anthony Nicometi Jr
I served mine with alfredo sauce, because Thats what I like lol. Traditionally, they're served as Baked Gnocchi Caprese, which is smothered in sauce and topped with Mozzerella! Yummmm (:
How to Make Traditional Gnocchi
- Lay 2 baking sheets with lint free kitchen towels and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until they are super tender and cooked though. Mash very well with either a potato masher or a potato ricer.
- mix together the cooked potatoes, flour and salt and white pepper and kneed it for 4 to 5 minutes or until the dough comes together and it’s very soft and smooth. No Lumps
- Tear a piece of dough and roll it out into about a ¾ inch thick rope. Cut little pieces about ¾ of an inch thick
Optional: Roll on the back of a fork for little ridges
- Lay all your gnocchi on your prepared baking sheets and allow them to sit out and dry out for about an hour.
- cook them in salted boiling water for just a couple minutes or until they float to the top of the water. Drain and toss with your favorite sauce, top with some Parmesan and enjoy!! :)