Tortellini with Edamame and Smoked Sausage
1 lbfrozen cheese tortellini
1 cshelled edamame
1 cdiced red pepper
1 lbsmoked sausage or kielbasa
1/2 citalian dressing
·***parmesan cheese, optional
·***red pepper flakes, optional
How to Make Tortellini with Edamame and Smoked Sausage
- Set 6 quarts of salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, chop red pepper and slice the smoked sausage into 1/4 inch-thick rounds.
- Stir-fry red pepper and sausage together until heated through -- about 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add edamame to water and boil for another 2 minutes. Drain tortellini and edamame well.
- Toss everything together with the Italian dressing and heat through one final time. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with desired amount of Parmesan Cheese and Red Pepper Flakes (optional).
- INGREDIENT TIPS
***YOU MAY ALSO SUBSTITUTE THE TORTELLINI WITH CHEESE RAVIOLI***
***Edamame (ed-ah-MAH-may) are boiled green soybeans commonly served as a mild, crunchy appetizer in Japanese restaurants. They have become more common in Western culture in recent years. Most often sold in the U.S. frozen in shelled or unshelled form, they are packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, calcium, protein and fiber. For this recipe, frozen shelled is best. If you must buy them in the pod, take the prep time of shelling them into account, it can get very tedious. ***