Tomato Basil Pasta (one pot)
Getting Healthy & Staying Healthy
page on Facebook. Lots of great recipes there!
- 12 oz
- pasta of choice (i like angel hair, others have used linguini)
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with liquid (try zesty or with extra spices...)
- 1 large
- sweet onion, cut into julienne strips
- 4 clove
- garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 2 sprig(s)
- (large sprigs) of fresh basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 c
- vegetable broth (not low sodium)
- 1 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
How to Make Tomato Basil Pasta (one pot)
- 1Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, & basil in a large stock pot. Pour in the vegetable broth. Sprinkle on the red pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle with EVOO.
- 2Cover pot & bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer (keeping covered) and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all the liquid is cooked away (altho, as long as the pasta is cooked, you could leave more liquid as a sauce. Or cook until almost all the liquid is gone. Up to you...!)
- 3Season to taste with salt & pepper. Stir before serving to distribute the remaining liquid.
- 4Options: I have seen comments where people were going to try this with fresh spinich and shrimp. I don't like shrimp, I am thinking of chicken. May use this dish as a side to chicken or pork chops...