Three Mushroom Pasta
1 lbtri color cork screw pasta
1 lbbutter or margarine
1thinly sliced vidalia onion
1/2 lbeach of baby bella, button and portobello mushrooms
1 cloveminced garlic
1 cwhite wine
1/2 cchicken broth
1 Tbspparsley flakes
·grated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper
How to Make Three Mushroom Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to boil add pasta and cook until el dente - reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter, add the onion, sautée until soft and brown
- thinly slice the mushrooms and add the mushrooms to the cooked onions cover the pan sweating out the mushrooms until the are half in size.
- there will be some liquid, add the flour to this liquid making a rogue.
- add the garlic, wine, broth, parsley, salt and pepper to taste to the onion mushroom mixture.
- Bring to a boil cover and reduce heat cooking until a nice gravy is made, turn off the heat and add a handful of parmesan cheese and stir.
- Pour the gravy in to the cooked pasta, adding the reserved pasta water to loosen up the mixture as needed, top with the parmesan cheese.