The Mamas' Lasagna
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I seriously love the balance of herbs in this recipe! The sauce was so good that I plan to use it the next time I whip up a batch of spaghetti. We used the whole grain noodles as Cherie suggests and were very happy with the way it turned out. Highly recommended! The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 can(s)
- tomato paste, 6oz
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, 28oz
- 3/4 c
- large block of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- large carton of large curd cottage cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- lasagna noodles, boiled...i like whole grain noodles
How to Make The Mamas' Lasagna
- 1Brown meat and onion together. Drain off grease and put meat in a large sauce pan.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients through the water. Then, simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, boil the lasagna noodles. Spray a deep 9x13 inch baking dish with Pam.
- 4To assemble the lasagna you will alternate layers of meat, cheese, noodles...3 layers of meat and cheese; 2 layers of noodles. The last layer of cheese will only be the Parmesan cheese. Split the Mozzarella and cottage cheeses between the middle 2 layers of cheese. Use as much of the Parmesan cheese as you prefer.
- 5You can make this ahead of time and not bake it until you are ready. When you are ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake until hot and bubbly; approximately 1 hour covered, then 1/2 hour uncovered.
- 6It will need to sit for approximately 15 minutes when it comes out of the oven in order to set and make cutting easier.