p.s. My recipe for the margaritas is posted, too!
3 Photos are my own.
1 Photo by Brenda. Recipe from Stacy. Also featured in a quick cooking magazine.
- pound ground beef
- cup chopped green pepper
- cup chopped onion
- cup water
- package taco seasoning (1 1/2 ounces)
- can black beans (15 ounces) rinsed and drained
- can (14 1/2) ounces mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- flour tortillas (8 inches)
- can refried beans (16 ounces)
- cups (12 ounces) of shredded mexican cheese blend
How to Make TACO LASAGNA
- 1In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, add green pepper and onion over medium heat until the meat is done but not brown. Add the taco seasoning and the water, and bring it to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Add the black beans and tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes more.
- 2Place 2 tortillas in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture, and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat the layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 3Top servings with sour cream, chopped green onions, and guacamole. We especially enjoy this dish with our SIMPLE ROMAIN LETTUCE & TOMATO SALAD WITH LEMON GARLIC DRESSING posted on this site. Enjoy!