Summer Italian Pasta Salad
The dressing for the pasta is marvelous, I have tried to make a pasta salad my husband likes, he's more on the savory side and I'm a sweet sided person. This is great in his book and very good in mine :)
The hardest part is waiting for it to chill before eating it!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- tricolored rotini or fusilli (corkscrew-shaped pasta)
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 lb
- genoa salami, chopped
- 1/2 lb
- thinly sliced sweet soppressata or salami, cut into julienne strips
- 1 oz
- (1/2 cup) sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained well
- 1/2 lb
- mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can(s)
- 6-oz. can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 c
- (packed) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Summer Italian Pasta Salad
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.
- 2In a blender or by hand, combine the garlic, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and salt to taste until the dressing is emulsified.
- 3In a very large bowl, toss the pasta and the dressing until well combined, then add all the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.