Spinach Stuffed Shells
- pasta shells, jumbo size
- 1 c
- onions, chopped
- 16 oz
- fresh spinach
- 3 c
- ricotta cheese
- 2 c
- panko bread crumbs, plain
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- seasoned salt
- 2 c
- marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- cooking oil spray
How to Make Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 1Cook shells according to package directions.
Drain and set aside.
Heat cooking oil spray in a large skillet. Add onions and cook until softened. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- 2Press out excess moisture. Add seasoned salt.
Combine ricotta, breadcrumbs, parmesean cheese and nutmeg. Add the spinach and mix gently.
- 3Stuff each of the shells evenly with the ricotta mixture.
Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
Arrange the shells in a single layer. and put a spoonful of the remaining sauce on each shell.
- 4Bake until the top is golden and the shells are heated (about 30 minutes at 375')