★★★★★ 1 vote5
- Several bunch
- spinach, fresh, (washed and stems removed, at least a colander full)
- 3 clove
- garlic, cut in several pieces
- 1/4 c
- pecans (or walnuts, just a small handful is fine)
- 1/2 tsp
- basil, dried (more if fresh)
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin (up to 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
How to Make Spinach Pesto
- 1Place a few spinach leaves, the garlic, nuts, basil and some of the oil in a food processor container.
- 2Cover and puree until leaves begin to look crushed.
- 3Continue adding spinach leaves a few at a time with small amounts of oil to blender, using a rubber spatula to help to combine pureed mixture.
- 4Add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- 5Cover and process until spinach pesto mixture is relatively smooth. You may need a little more oil, and adjust seasonings to taste.