★★★★★ 1 vote5
Several bunchspinach, fresh, (washed and stems removed, at least a colander full)
3 clovegarlic, cut in several pieces
1/4 cpecans (or walnuts, just a small handful is fine)
1/2 tspbasil, dried (more if fresh)
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin (up to 1/2 cup)
1/3 cparmesan cheese
1/8 tspblack pepper
·zest of 1 lemon
How to Make Spinach Pesto
- Place a few spinach leaves, the garlic, nuts, basil and some of the oil in a food processor container.
- Cover and puree until leaves begin to look crushed.
- Continue adding spinach leaves a few at a time with small amounts of oil to blender, using a rubber spatula to help to combine pureed mixture.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Cover and process until spinach pesto mixture is relatively smooth. You may need a little more oil, and adjust seasonings to taste.