Spinach Mushroom Lasagna
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb pkg
- whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 lb pkg
- ricotta cheese of your choice
- 2 lbs pkg
- mozzarella cheese of your choice
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- 1 Tbsp
- each of basil, oregano, parsley
- eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 or 4 c
- your favorite tomato sauce
- 2 lb
- fresh spinach, washed well and dry
- 1 lb
- sliced mushrooms, washed
How to Make Spinach Mushroom Lasagna
- 1Prepare the pasta as directed. I used the whole box, which makes a pretty big lasagna. Be sure your spinach and mushrooms are washed and air dried. Have sauce ready and reserve about 1 cup or so for the top layer. Combine cheeses, eggs and spices together in a separate bowl.
- 2In the bottom of a large square baking dish, either spray with cooking spray or just spread a ladle full of sauce in the dish. Place a row of the cooked lasagna noodles down (about 5-6 across each layer) and add big scoops of cheese mixture spreading as evenly as possible, big handfuls of spinach and mushrooms then more sauce. Continue as before ending with a layer of noodles and final topping of sauce to prevent noodles from getting rubbery.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes...when it's bubbly. Carefully check the middle to see if it's hot. I usually take a small spoon and push it through and then taste the cheese. When ready, let it set out on the counter for about 10 minutes or so cheese will set up.That's it! Enjoy.