Spaghetti Primavera with Sausage
- 3/4 lb
- whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 lb
- fully cooked italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inches slices
- 1 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 small
- 2 1/2 clove
- garlic cloves, thinly slice
- 1 large
- zucchini, diced
- 2 large
- yellow squash,diced
- 2 c
- cherry tomatoes,halved
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 c
- paced fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
How to Make Spaghetti Primavera with Sausage
- 1Cook the spaghetti according to the directions, omitting the salt if desired.
- 2Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over med heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- 3Add the oil and onion to the skillet; stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant. 1 minute. add the zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and salt: cook stirring until the veggies are tender, 10 minutes.
- 4Drain the spaghetti, reserving 1/4 cup of water. Return the spaghetti to the pasta pot: add the veggies mixture and toss to coat. Transfer 3-4 cups of pasta mixture to a container and let cool. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days for later use in Spaghetti And Spinach Frittata.
- 5Add the sausage, basil and the reserved pasta cooking water to the remaining pasta mixture. Cook over med heat, toasting gently, until heated through, 1 minute.