Spaghetti Primavera with Sausage
3/4 lbwhole wheat spaghetti
1/2 lbfully cooked italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inches slices
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
2 1/2 clovegarlic cloves, thinly slice
1 largezucchini, diced
2 largeyellow squash,diced
2 ccherry tomatoes,halved
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
1 cpaced fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
How to Make Spaghetti Primavera with Sausage
- Cook the spaghetti according to the directions, omitting the salt if desired.
- Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over med heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add the oil and onion to the skillet; stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant. 1 minute. add the zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and salt: cook stirring until the veggies are tender, 10 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving 1/4 cup of water. Return the spaghetti to the pasta pot: add the veggies mixture and toss to coat. Transfer 3-4 cups of pasta mixture to a container and let cool. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days for later use in Spaghetti And Spinach Frittata.
- Add the sausage, basil and the reserved pasta cooking water to the remaining pasta mixture. Cook over med heat, toasting gently, until heated through, 1 minute.