Spaghetti Basil Torte
- 1 pkg
- (16 ounces) spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan
- 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 can(s)
- (4 ounces) sliced black olives
- 1/4 c
- fresh basil, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 medium
- tomatoes, cut in thin slices
- 4 slice
- provolone cheese (about 1 ounce each)
How to Make Spaghetti Basil Torte
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray spring-form pan with no stick cooking spray (olive oil flavored is nice). Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- 2Toss spaghetti with Parmesan, ricotta, Italian seasoning, olives, and eggs until spaghetti is well coated.
Press half of spaghetti into the bottom of the spring-form pan. Sprinkle with half of basil, half of tomato, and half of cheese. Then spread remaining spaghetti on top of mixture in pan. Layer remaining ingredients in same order as previously done.
- 3Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until hot and light brown on top. Remove from oven. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove the pan and cut in slices to serve.