Spaghetti al Formaggio
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 pkg
- cream cheese (cubed)
- whole mushrooms, chopped
- green onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 can(s)
- (29 oz) tomato puree
- 1 pkg
- uncooked pasta (spaghetti, thin spaghetti, or angel hair)
How to Make Spaghetti al Formaggio
- 1Cook pasta as directed on package.
- 2In a medium skillet (I use cast iron), brown the beef.
- 3Add the garlic, onion, mushrooms, salt, and Italian seasoning. Saute on high heat between 5-10 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and add the cubed cream cheese. Stir frequently until cream cheese is melted. Keep heat on medium and allow the cheese and meat to cook together for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add tomato puree. Stir until the tomato is well mixed with the cheese/meat mix. After the sauce is well mixed and well heated, cover and allow to cook at medium temperature for an additional 10-15 minutes. At this point, you do not have to stir constantly, just enough to ensure the sauce and/or meat is not sticking. *Please remember: Many sauces, like marinara sauce, typically pop and splatter during cooking, so be careful not to get burned *
- 6Reduce heat to low or simmer, and allow to cook an additional 10-15 minutes, still covered.
- 7Pour over pasta and top with fresh Parmesan cheese. Don't forget the garlic bread! Enjoy.