Spaghetti al Formaggio
1 lbground beef
1/2 pkgcream cheese (cubed)
4whole mushrooms, chopped
2green onions, finely chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 tspsalt, or to taste
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
1 can(s)(29 oz) tomato puree
1 pkguncooked pasta (spaghetti, thin spaghetti, or angel hair)
How to Make Spaghetti al Formaggio
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- In a medium skillet (I use cast iron), brown the beef.
- Add the garlic, onion, mushrooms, salt, and Italian seasoning. Saute on high heat between 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the cubed cream cheese. Stir frequently until cream cheese is melted. Keep heat on medium and allow the cheese and meat to cook together for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree. Stir until the tomato is well mixed with the cheese/meat mix. After the sauce is well mixed and well heated, cover and allow to cook at medium temperature for an additional 10-15 minutes. At this point, you do not have to stir constantly, just enough to ensure the sauce and/or meat is not sticking. *Please remember: Many sauces, like marinara sauce, typically pop and splatter during cooking, so be careful not to get burned *
- Reduce heat to low or simmer, and allow to cook an additional 10-15 minutes, still covered.
- Pour over pasta and top with fresh Parmesan cheese. Don't forget the garlic bread! Enjoy.