- 3 Tbsp
- portuguese olive oil (or italian
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 4 clove
- fresh garlic ,minced
- 2 can(s)
- (14 1/2 ounces each) italian-style stewed tomatoes,undrained atoes or fresh
- 3 c
- fat -free reduce -sodium chicken broth
- 1 can(s)
- (15 ounces ) cannellini beans. undrained
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh parsley (or italian parsley
- 1 tsp
- dried basil leaves (or fresh
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes.(or black pepper
- 4 oz
- uncooked tiny shell pasta,or tiny elbows
- you can use great northern beans too.
How to Make Soupas, pasta de Fagio(fagioli)
- 1HEAT OIL IN -QUART DUTCH OVEN ,OVER MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL HOT;ADD ONIONS ,and garlic,cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Serves 8
- 2STIR IN tomatoes ,with liquid ,chicken broth, beans with liquid, parsley,basil and pepper;bring to a boil over high heat.
STIRRING occasionally .REDUCE heat to low.
SIMMER,covered 10 minutes.
- 3ADD PASTA, simmer, covered .10 to 12 minutes,or until is just tender.SERVE immediately .
SERVE with nice fresh crusty bread or garlic bread. Glass of milk,or glass of water,or white wine.
Very healthy great source of fiber. ENJOY IT .