Skillet Fresh Prosciutto, Tomato and Basil Pasta
1/2 lbprosciutto, cut into shreds
2-3garlic cloves, minced
3-4large tomatoes, sliced into thin wedges
1/2 cfresh basil leaves, chopped (or more, if you like basil)
1 Tbspdried parsley
1/2 cdry red wine (merlot, burgundy, etc.)
1 lbspaghetti, cooked al dente
How to Make Skillet Fresh Prosciutto, Tomato and Basil Pasta
- In a large frying pan, toss prosciutto in butter until browned.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté briefly, until just tender.
- Add sliced tomatoes, basil, parsley and wine and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour over pasta, toss, and serve!
- NOTE: This is a simple recipe that can be adjusted to your individual tastes. You can add more prosciutto or tomatoes as you like, but I would increase the red wine a little as you increase the other ingredients.
- NOTE: when you buy your prosciutto at the deli, they will try to put pieces of paper/plastic in between the slices. Tell them not to do this, as you are going to roll up the prosciutto and cut it up. It makes it a lot harder if you have to peel the slices off the paper/plastic first.