Linguini with Simple White Clam Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 can(s)
- chopped or mined clams drained save the juice
- 1 bottle
- clam juice
- 2-3 clove
- glaric, minced finely
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- Italian parsley minced
- 1/2 c
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb
- linguine pasta
How to Make Linguini with Simple White Clam Sauce
- 1Do all your chopping, I recommend fresh garlic and Italian broad leaf parsley but can substitute regular curly leaf parsley. I use Parmesan that comes grated but you can grate your own. It does not change the measurements.
- 2Boil water and put pasta in to cook. Drain and add a bit of olive oil to the pasta to keep it from sticking
- 3Heat pan, add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- 4Add garlic and clams. Remember the clams are all ready cooked so a couple of stirs to soften the garlic and heat up the clams.
- 5Add the parsley and stir a few times until it is a little brighter in color.
- 6Stir in the clam juice from the cans and about 1/2 bottle of clam juice and heat up and simmer for about 1 minute
- 7Add the pasta. Keep the heat up and stir, add a little more clam juice if too dry.
- 8Stir in Parmesan cheese gradually to add some body.
- 9Serve with tossed salad and a good Italian bread with dipping oil and a crisp white wine. "si mangia"