Linguini with Simple White Clam Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 can(s)chopped or mined clams drained save the juice
1 bottleclam juice
2-3 cloveglaric, minced finely
1/2 cItalian parsley minced
1/2 cgrated Parmesan cheese
1 lblinguine pasta
How to Make Linguini with Simple White Clam Sauce
- Do all your chopping, I recommend fresh garlic and Italian broad leaf parsley but can substitute regular curly leaf parsley. I use Parmesan that comes grated but you can grate your own. It does not change the measurements.
- Boil water and put pasta in to cook. Drain and add a bit of olive oil to the pasta to keep it from sticking
- Heat pan, add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add garlic and clams. Remember the clams are all ready cooked so a couple of stirs to soften the garlic and heat up the clams.
- Add the parsley and stir a few times until it is a little brighter in color.
- Stir in the clam juice from the cans and about 1/2 bottle of clam juice and heat up and simmer for about 1 minute
- Add the pasta. Keep the heat up and stir, add a little more clam juice if too dry.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese gradually to add some body.
- Serve with tossed salad and a good Italian bread with dipping oil and a crisp white wine. "si mangia"