Simple Pasta Casserole
I made Italian style hot dogs yesterday and had some left over..plus some sauce in the pantry;and of course cheese 2 packages with a little in each;so this was a really good casserole for dinner..with garlic toast, tossed salad and French vanilla ice cream with fresh blueberries.
- 1 lb
- pkg. rotini pasta or your favorite
- johnsonville mild sausage or spicy;cooked,diced
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, diced
- 1/4 c
- diced onion
- of one lime
- 1/2 c
- pizza cheese
- 24 oz
- can of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 6 oz
- can tomato paste
- 1 c
- colby chedder jack cheese
- to taste
- salt and pepper
How to Make Simple Pasta Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375^. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.Set aside.
This is how I cooked the sausage the day before:
I placed the sausage in my iron skillet covered them with water and cooked for 10 minutes. Drained the water off and then browned them on all sides until golden all around.Remove from pan and dice. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine the tomato sauce,tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder,lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the lime juice,1 can of water using the tomato paste can.Stir well to blend.
A note here:Did you know that if you have a lime that is as hard as a rock it is still very juicy? Just be super careful when cutting it before you put it in the juicer.