Shells and Parmesan Cheese
This makes a great side or main entree'
- 4 Tbsp
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 c
- freshly ground parmesan cheese
- 8 oz
- small shell macaroni, uncooked
- 1 c
- soft bread crumbs, any kind you prefer
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- paprika, optional
How to Make Shells and Parmesan Cheese
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour, cooking until hot and bubbly, about 1 minute. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Add the salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the shells in boiling salted water as directed on package. Drain well and add to the sauce mixture, blending well. Transfer to a lightly buttered 2 quart baking dish. Combine bread crumbs with melted butter and parsley flakes, sprinkle over the casserole.
- 3Bake at 350F degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika before serving, if desired.
- 4A thought:
Add your favorite veggie such as: broccoli, zucchini, peas etc.