Shell Pasta in Homemade Tomato Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
10 ozshell pasta
1 stalk(s)celery diced
2standard sized bowls of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cdiced onion
2 Tbspgarlic and herb seasoning
1 Tbspcream cheese
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
How to Make Shell Pasta in Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Wait a bit before bowling your pasta. It'll be done way before your sauce.
Dice onions and celery and sauté in pan on medium to low heat until onions start to turn just a little brown. While waiting on that, chop cherry tomatoes into even four quarters. (This makes it easier to mash down, creating a smoother sauce).
- You may now starting boiling the water for your pasta.
When onions and celery are done, about 10 minutes, add your tomatoes. This part will take the longest. Stir occasionally on low heat, using a flat spatula to "mash" tomatoes. This should take around 10-20 minutes. You really want your tomatoes to be cooked.
- After adding tomatoes to the pan, add pasta to your boiling water.
- After all tomatoes are bright red and mushy, transfer mixture to a food processor or blender. Add about 1 tbsp of cream cheese to your mixture before blending. Blend on low. You can blend until smooth, or leave it a little chunky, depending on how you like your sauce. I mixed mine until smooth. Return to pan.
- Around this time your pasta should be done or at least almost done. When it is, drain the water from the pot. Add your sauce to pasta. I poured the whole thing in so it was extra saucy!