Seafood Stuffed Pasta Shells
I have been preparing this for years, my kids, friends and family love it. You can serve it as a main course, appetizers or bring to a gathering. A guaranteed favorite. Keep in mind I am partial to seafood
18uncooked pasta shells (i make 24 in case of rips, etc)
1 1/2 cfresh sliced mushrooms or 2 cans stems and pieces
1/4 csliced green onions
2-8oz pkgimitation crab meat flaked into small pieces
2-10 ozrefrigerated alfredo sauce or light alfredo sauce
1/4 cdry white wine or milk
·chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
How to Make Seafood Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Cook pasta shells to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain, rinse with hot water, drain well.
- in the interim heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9 inch (3 qt) baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium non-stick skillet melt margarine over medium high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in onions; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add crabmeat and 1/2 cup of the Alfredo sauce. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine remaining Alfredo sauce and wine, blend well. Pour 3/4 cups sauce mixture into sprayed dish, spread evenly.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of crabmeat mixture into each cooked shell. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer over sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining Alfredo sauce mixture over shells. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray, cover baking dish tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until shells are thoroughly heated and sauce is bubbly around edges.
- To serve, spoon sauce over shells and sprinkle with Parsley.
- When I make this delightful dish I do add shrimp. You can use salad shrimp, however, I prefer the cocktail shrimp as it is much sweeter. A bit more time cutting them into smaller pieces, but it is well worth it.