6blue claw crabs using only the legs ( you can use any type of crab legs)
1 lblarge shrimp cleaned and deveined
1 lbbay scallops
2 lbslittle neck clams
15cloves of garlic
·extra virgin olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pot and then a splash more)
·salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
1 bottlepinot gringio white wine
1/2 Cminced parsley (flat leaf italian)
·grated parmesean cheese to taste
1 box lbpasta
How to Make Seafood Scampi
- Mince Garlic, Shallots and a tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a food processor.
- Coat bottom of large pot with olive oil and heat it on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and shallot mixture, saute until cooked, not browned but softened.
- Add Pinot Grigio to your liking, I used 5/8's of the bottle.
- Add mussels, clams and crabs. Cook until they begin to open approx. 8 mins.
- Add shrimp and scallops. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook until shrimp is pink.
- When ready, pour into a large serving platter, sprinkle with minced parsley and 2 tbsps. of grated cheese (use more if you like but I leave it on the table to add when served with pasta)
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil prior to starting the seafood. When the mussels & clams open, add the pasta to the boiling water. This way the pasta will finish cooking at the same time your seafood is ready. I throw a little parsley, cheese and a ladle of broth from the seafood over the pasta before serving. Enjoy!