- blue claw crabs using only the legs ( you can use any type of crab legs)
- 1 lb
- large shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 lb
- bay scallops
- 2 lbs
- little neck clams
- 2 lbs
- cloves of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pot and then a splash more)
- salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 bottle
- pinot gringio white wine
- 1/2 C
- minced parsley (flat leaf italian)
- grated parmesean cheese to taste
- 1 box lb
How to Make Seafood Scampi
- 1Mince Garlic, Shallots and a tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a food processor.
- 2Coat bottom of large pot with olive oil and heat it on medium heat.
- 3Add the garlic and shallot mixture, saute until cooked, not browned but softened.
- 4Add Pinot Grigio to your liking, I used 5/8's of the bottle.
- 5Add mussels, clams and crabs. Cook until they begin to open approx. 8 mins.
- 6Add shrimp and scallops. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook until shrimp is pink.
- 7When ready, pour into a large serving platter, sprinkle with minced parsley and 2 tbsps. of grated cheese (use more if you like but I leave it on the table to add when served with pasta)
- 8Bring a pot of salted water to boil prior to starting the seafood. When the mussels & clams open, add the pasta to the boiling water. This way the pasta will finish cooking at the same time your seafood is ready. I throw a little parsley, cheese and a ladle of broth from the seafood over the pasta before serving. Enjoy!