★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large pkg
- cheese ravioli from the deli section of your supermarket
- 2 c
- vegetable - use pre-washed and chopped broccoli florets, frozen peas, pre-trimemd (not canned) fresh green beans or whatever combination of veggies you kids like the most!
- 1/4 c
- good-quality olive oil
- 1/2 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: fresh chopped basil
How to Make Runner's Ravioli
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
- 2While water is heating, assemble ingredients. I always use either frozen mixed veggies or pre-prepped bags of veggies from the grocer - this is a busy-night meal, after all! If you've got the time to chop and prep, all the better...
- 3Add veggies to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add ravioli and cook according to package directions. Usually just a few minutes.
- 5Drain well in a colander and return to pot. DO NOT RINSE!
- 6Gently stir in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7As you serve each dish, sprinkle generously with the shredded parmesan.
- 8Serve with crusty bread and butter.