★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 large pkgcheese ravioli from the deli section of your supermarket
2 cvegetable - use pre-washed and chopped broccoli florets, frozen peas, pre-trimemd (not canned) fresh green beans or whatever combination of veggies you kids like the most!
1/4 cgood-quality olive oil
1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
·optional: fresh chopped basil
How to Make Runner's Ravioli
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
- While water is heating, assemble ingredients. I always use either frozen mixed veggies or pre-prepped bags of veggies from the grocer - this is a busy-night meal, after all! If you've got the time to chop and prep, all the better...
- Add veggies to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ravioli and cook according to package directions. Usually just a few minutes.
- Drain well in a colander and return to pot. DO NOT RINSE!
- Gently stir in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- As you serve each dish, sprinkle generously with the shredded parmesan.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.