Roasted Tomato and Pancetta Penne
2 ptcherry tomatoes
1thinly sliced large red onion
4garlic cloves-cut into large chunks (more or less to taste)
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 to1/2 tspred-pepper flakes
4 ozthinly sliced pancetta--or use bacon
3/4 lbpenne pasta
1/2 cchopped parsley
How to Make Roasted Tomato and Pancetta Penne
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes, with onions, garlic, oil, and red-pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and top with the pancetta.
- Roast at 450 degree until tomatoes burst, about 20 minutes, rotating the pan once.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to package directions, reserving some of the pasta water. Drain penne and return to pan.
- Toss penne with tomato mixture, parsley, and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pasta water. Taste for seasoning.