Roasted Tomato and Pancetta Penne
- 2 pt
- cherry tomatoes
- thinly sliced large red onion
- garlic cloves-cut into large chunks (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 to1/2 tsp
- red-pepper flakes
- 4 oz
- thinly sliced pancetta--or use bacon
- 3/4 lb
- penne pasta
- 1/2 c
- chopped parsley
How to Make Roasted Tomato and Pancetta Penne
- 1On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes, with onions, garlic, oil, and red-pepper flakes.
- 2Season with salt and pepper, and top with the pancetta.
- 3Roast at 450 degree until tomatoes burst, about 20 minutes, rotating the pan once.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the penne according to package directions, reserving some of the pasta water. Drain penne and return to pan.
- 5Toss penne with tomato mixture, parsley, and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pasta water. Taste for seasoning.