Roasted Butternut Squash& Wilted Arugula Spaghetti
The sage, maple, and squash really complement each other. I think this is a meal you will enjoy. My boys had seconds (and thirds).
- whole butternut squash
- olive oil for rubbing squash
- brown sugar for rubbing squash
- 1 c
- water for pan
- 1/2 stick
- water reserved from roasting pan
- 3/4 c
- milk or cream
- 1/4 c
- white wine
- 1/2 c
- maple syrup
- cubed squash
- handful of arugula
- 1 pinch
- 1 tsp
- sage (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 box
- vegetable spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- water for boiling
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash& Wilted Arugula Spaghetti
- 1Cut your butternut squash into quarters. (reserve seeds for next year's planting)
- 2Rub with oil and place skin down in a square Pyrex baking dish. Sprinkle brown sugar and pour in the water to the bottom of pan.
- 3Bake at 400 until squash is fork tender.
- 4Reserve water for sauce. Allow squash to cool until easy to handle.
- 5Cut off skin. Then cube into decent size cubes.
- 6In a saucepan, place butter and squash. Cook until butter is melted on med high.
- 7Add maple, wine, and reserved roasting water. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 8Lower heat to low medium and add milk and seasonings. Cover and stir occasionally for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 10At this time, boil your pasta. When al dente, drain and optionally toss with olive oil and parmesan.