Reallly lazy pierogies
This makes nice use of leftover mashed potatoes, or you can use store-bought. If you're really enthusiastic, you can make your own just for this recipe, but that's too much work.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pasta shells, jumbo
- mashed potatoes
- sauteed onion (optional)
- sauerkraut (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
How to Make Reallly lazy pierogies
- 1Cook pasta shells according to directions. Meanwhile, saute onion if you're using it.
- 2When shells are cooked, rinse with cold water to cool. Put mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl, add cheese to taste (I use about a half cup cheese to 2 cups mashed potatoes) and onions or sauerkraut if you're using. Mix well.
- 3Fill each shell with 1-2 tablespoons potato mix and place in a baking pan.
- 4Top each stuffed shell with a small amt of sour cream (1/2 tsp maybe?) spread evenly over top. Bake in 350 oven for 15-20 minutes, just to heat through.
- 5Serve topped with more shredded cheese and/or more sour cream. Goes quite nicely with kielbasi!