RAVIOLI WITH ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
Photo: Randy Mayor
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1/4 cgrated fresh parmegiano-reggiano cheese
1 pkg(9 oz.) fresh ravioli
3 Tbspolive oil, divided
4 cgrape tomatoes, halved
1/4 tspground black pepper
3 clovegarlic, coarsely chopped
·fresh basil leaves, chopped
How to Make RAVIOLI WITH ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
- In a small dish, combine egg and water; stir well. In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and cheese; stir well.
- Dip each ravioli in egg mixture, then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place 1-1/2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet; heat on medium-high setting. When hot, add half the ravioli in a single layer. Saute about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to pan. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, saute 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Divide ravioli between 4 plates and top with tomatoes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- NOTE: If you are a cheese lover like me, you may want to change that to 1/2 cup cheese.