Quick and Easy Shrimp Pasta
1 pkglarge frozen shrimp
2 cfrozen brocolli florets
3 Tbspolive oil
4 Tbspfresh garlic..chopped
1 largefresh squeezed lemon...more/less if you like..optional
1 smallcan tomato sauce..optional
1 smallpackage of linguine/ fettucine/ or penne..your favorite kind
2 Tbspgarlic powder
2 Tbsponion powder
1 1/2 tspsalt and pepper ...or to your taste
1/4 cmilk/ half n half/cream..your choice..optional
How to Make Quick and Easy Shrimp Pasta
- Prepare pasta according to your taste, but try to keep it al dente'. Don't forget to salt your water.
- Heat oil in skillet, or wok until hot. Turn heat to medium, then add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until they are translucent.
- Stir in the tomato sauce,garlic powder,onion powder and heat through.( if you want a richer sauce, add 1/4 cup of milk/half n half/or cream.) Add the garlic,broccoli,and black pepper.
- Place a lid on the pot and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Add frozen shrimp to the pot and stir. Cook until shrimp turn pink..about 3 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the pasta and toss, or serve over the pasta as you prefer. Add shredded Parmesan to your servings if you wish.
- NOTE: An alternate method for the very health conscious is to follow all of the preceding steps, but omit the tomato sauce. Instead adding the fresh chopped tomato, and the lemon juice in its place. I usually cook all of my ingredients,squeeze the lemon over the pasta/shrimp mixture, then add the tomatoes on top before serving. There won't be as much sauce using the lemon, but there is a whole lot of flavor added, and is my preferred choice. Serve with a Caesar salad on the side for a complete meal. I hope you enjoy this, it is one of my favorites.