Pesto alla Genovese
The traditional preparation of “ Pesto alla Genovese “ includes the use of mortar, but is now also permitted the use of a food processor or blender.
- generous handfuls of basil leaves
- 1 or 2
- cloves of garlic
- 75 g
- pine nuts ( 3 once )
- as needed
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pinch
- 3 Tbsp
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated or pecorino only for those that like cheese
How to Make Pesto alla Genovese
- 1After having washed and dried basil leaves, put them into your blender and begin gradually adding garlic, nuts, a pinch of salt and oil ( I use extra virgin oil )
- 2The amount of oil depends on the type of basil: there are some fleshy variety and larger leaves, and some that has very small leaves. That's why oil is poured slowly in order to assess if necessary to stop or to add more.
- 3As soon as the cream will be smooth, adjust salt and, if you prefer, completed with a pinch of chili peper ( I like it just a little bit spicy )and cheese