PENNE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI & TOMATO SAUCE
- 12 oz
- (3-1/2 cups) uncooked penne pasta
- 3 1/2 c
- broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 to 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes with added puree, undrained
- 1/4 c
- dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil - or - 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make PENNE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI & TOMATO SAUCE
- 1Cook penne pasta to desired doneness as directed on package, adding broccoli during last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3To serve, drain penne and broccoli; arrange on serving platter. Spoon sauce over top. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.