Penne Pasta with Basil and Red Pepper
4 cpenne pasta
8 ozphiladelphia cream cheese
2/4 cheavy cream or milk
1 jar(s)(small) roasted red peppers, well drained and chopped
1/2 cfresh basil leaves
4 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Penne Pasta with Basil and Red Pepper
- Cook penne pasta and drain, set aside.
- Place red peppers from jar without juice, chopped, cream cheese, milk, basil and Parmesan cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Drain pasta and while pasta is still hot put back on the stove and add your cheese mixture and stir until mixture is warm. You may want to put the stove on low until the mixture is combined and warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. When you serve this sprinkle a small amount of parmesan cheese on top.
- I doubled the ingredients in this recipe from the original because we always go back for more servings. It is better served warm. It also makes a lot of sauce.