Penne Pasta with Basil and Red Pepper
- 4 c
- penne pasta
- 8 oz
- philadelphia cream cheese
- 2/4 c
- heavy cream or milk
- 1 jar(s)
- (small) roasted red peppers, well drained and chopped
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Penne Pasta with Basil and Red Pepper
- 1Cook penne pasta and drain, set aside.
- 2Place red peppers from jar without juice, chopped, cream cheese, milk, basil and Parmesan cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- 3Drain pasta and while pasta is still hot put back on the stove and add your cheese mixture and stir until mixture is warm. You may want to put the stove on low until the mixture is combined and warm.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste. When you serve this sprinkle a small amount of parmesan cheese on top.
- 5I doubled the ingredients in this recipe from the original because we always go back for more servings. It is better served warm. It also makes a lot of sauce.