PELMENI (RUSSIAN RAVIOLI)
Recipe & Photo: allrussianfoods.com
- 4 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 3 lb
- ground beef
- red onions
- 1 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash(es)
How to Make PELMENI (RUSSIAN RAVIOLI)
- 1Finely dice the onions.
- 2Mix raw meat, onions, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- 3Blend all the dough ingredients together and roll out.
- 4Use a 3-3/8 inch diameter dough press (or dumpling maker) to cut out rounds of dough.
- 5Fill with 1 Tbsp. of filling and seal shut.
- 6Lay out on a tray (making sure they are not touching); separate layers with wax paper, and freeze.
- 7Once frozen, they will keep in the freezer for several weeks.
- 8When ready to make, drop directly into boiling water or broth and cook until they float (about 5 minutes). A little vegetable oil can be added to keep them from sticking together.