Orzo Stuffed Peppers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6sweet bell peppers: red and yellow
1 lborzo pasta
4 cchicken broth
28 ozitalian stewed tomatoes
3 Tbspminced garlic
1yellow squash, grated
2 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1/4 colive oil
1 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pour tomatoes in bowl and break into small pieces.
- Add zucchini, squash, basil, cheese, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and cook orzo in chicken broth for about 5 minutes. You are only partially cooking the orzo.
- Add orzo to bowl with the vegetables and cheese. Mix well.
- Pour warm chicken broth into a baking dish, about a three quart dish, you want peppers to be snug together in the dish so you may want try to fit them in before adding the broth.
- Cut off tops of peppers and clean out seeds and ribs. Place peppers in baking dish with chicken broth
- Fill peppers with orzo mixture, cover with foil and bake for 45 mintues in a 400 degree oven.
- After the 45 mintues remove foil and cover tops of each pepper with more grated parmesan cheese, enough to make a nice crust. Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from over and enjoy your peppers with a salad.