Orzo Stuffed Peppers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- sweet bell peppers: red and yellow
- 1 lb
- orzo pasta
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- 28 oz
- italian stewed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- zucchini, grated
- yellow squash, grated
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2Pour tomatoes in bowl and break into small pieces.
- 3Add zucchini, squash, basil, cheese, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 4Bring chicken broth to a boil and cook orzo in chicken broth for about 5 minutes. You are only partially cooking the orzo.
- 5Add orzo to bowl with the vegetables and cheese. Mix well.
- 6Pour warm chicken broth into a baking dish, about a three quart dish, you want peppers to be snug together in the dish so you may want try to fit them in before adding the broth.
- 7Cut off tops of peppers and clean out seeds and ribs. Place peppers in baking dish with chicken broth
- 8Fill peppers with orzo mixture, cover with foil and bake for 45 mintues in a 400 degree oven.
- 9After the 45 mintues remove foil and cover tops of each pepper with more grated parmesan cheese, enough to make a nice crust. Bake for 15 more minutes.
- 10Remove from over and enjoy your peppers with a salad.